• Number Plates

    Sellers FAQ's - Beef Registrations

    Looking for a prestige cherished number plate?. Cherished Number Plates Beef Registrations helps uncover the perfect registration plates for you with real people behind our site or on the end of the phone.

  • Number Plates

    How To Buy Private Number Plates

    Looking for a personalised number plate?. Search for private number plates with anything: words, names, initials or specific private plates.

  • Number Plates

    Sell your number plate

    Convert your private number plate into cash. We may have a buyer waiting!, Find the most expensive private number plates ever sold.

My Vehicle is not taxed or tested. May I transfer the mark?

Vehicles must be currently licensed, or in the process of being licensed. The application will still be considered, however, where the last License (tax disc) expired within six months of the date of application. Where you were the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time when the MOT was valid, you have up to six months from the expired date of the MOT provided your road tax is either valid at the time of transfer or expired naturally (i.e. was not refunded).

Can I scrap my vehicle before the sale of the number?

IMPORTANT: DO NOT dispose of the vehicle until the application has been fully completed and you have received the amended registration document(s). If you dispose of the vehicle too soon, you may lose entitlement to the cherished mark.

My log book states the number is non-transferable. Can I still sell it?

No. If the registration document states that the registration number is non-transferable, then it cannot be transferred or retained. Subsequently the registration mark does not comply with the terms of business.

What sort of number will my vehicle be issued with after the transfer?

Upon completion of the transfer Beef Registrations shall arrange for a replacement mark to be assigned to your vehicle and notify you of the same when the time comes to affix the replacement plates. Your vehicle shall receive a mark appropriate to the year of first registration and shall NOT be issued with a 'Q' prefix registration number.

I have a cherished number on a tractor. Can I transfer it?

No. Vehicles must be subject to MOT / HGV test. Non-testable vehicles such as agricultural tractors and milk floats, for example, are outside the scope of the schemes. Only testable vehicles can participate in transfers and retentions and valid test certificates must be sent with applications.

I have an old V5/Log Book and the vehicle no longer exists. Can I still Transfer the number?

No. Once a vehicle has ceased to exist, entitlement to its number also ceases. Possession of a log book or registration document alone does not give entitlement to a registration number. If a vehicle has been scrapped, you are required by law to notify the Secretary of State and return the registration document to DVLC.